Gambling Mental Health First Aid Course
Course Name: Gambling Mental Health First Aid Course (GMHFA)
Face-to-Face Training: 4 Hours
Course Certificate: Issued Same Day
Course Cost: $99
Accreditation: Accredited by MHFA Australia
Accredited by Mental Health First Aid Australia
What is the Gambling Mental Health Course?
The gambling mental health course is called Conversations about Gambling. Basically, it is a 4-hour course on how to identify, approach, support someone who is suffering from a gambling problem.
While the course is based on evidence-based research, it also draws on the experience of people affected by gambling harm. Although the course is open to any interested adult, it is best suited to those living with friends or family who have a gambling issue.
- Causes and motivations behind problem gambling
- How a relapse may affect someone
- Signs, symptoms and risk factors associated with problem gambling
- The importance of early intervention for gambling problems
- How to assess the situation and when to intervene
- Mental Health First Aid action plan for gambling problems
- How to talk about gambling issues
- Helpful resources
- Self-care for people who live with a problem gambler
The course is delivered face-to-face over 4 hours.
Conversations About Gambling is open to anyone aged 18 or over.
Your health and safety are our highest priority. To this end, infection control measures and COVID-19 practices are applied across all of our training facilities. Please remember if you are unwell or experiencing any symptoms, then we ask that you contact us to reschedule your training. If you need further information, then please email [email protected].
Certification & Accreditation
Conversations about Gambling is accredited through Mental Health First Aid Australia and a certificate of completion will be issued at the end of the course.